Camp Bluebird, a division of 3 Bluebirds Farm, is a track-out and summer farm camp program for children with autism, grades K-8. We have a dedicated, creative and professional staff working in a safe
and stimulating environment for children.
We are now holding our camp programs at our new farm in Raleigh, where we are continuing to focus on three primary objectives in a farm-based environment:
Social skills, play skills, and life skills.
General Application Process
• Fill out our online Interest Form.
• Once a spot becomes available, we will send you an application and then call you to schedule a parent/child visit to Camp Bluebird.
• After your visit, we will e-mail you with an admissions decision.
• For traditional calendar families: Once accepted, submit 50% deposit of your total chosen summer sessions, plus a $150 non-refundable intent deposit to reserve your child's spot(s). For track-out families, an enrollment contract will be sent to you, along with your invoice for the first session, plus a $150 non-refundable intent deposit.
• Upon acceptance into our program, staff will send you an Enrollment Packet and other necessary forms to register your child.
2021 Camp Bluebird Sessions
Track-Out Camp Sessions:
Winter: January 4-22 ($1,200)
Spring: March 31-April 13 ($800)
Summer: July 5-30 ($1600)
Fall: October 4-22 ($1200)
Summer 2021 Camp Sessions:
Session 1: June 14-25 ($800)
Session 2: August 2-20 ($1200)
*Camp Bluebird follows the Track 4 Year-Round Calendar
and the Traditional Calendar for the
Wake County Public School System.
We truly aim to keep our tuition as low as possible, and we now have a waitlist consisting of many families who are in great need of our full sessions, therefore partial sessions are not an option at this time. Each session is valued at roughly $80.00 a day (or $12.30 an hour), and in return your child will receive loving care in a peaceful and safe setting that will never go below a 1:3 trained staff to child ratio, with several additional volunteers and interns. Furthermore, all of us understand autism across the entire spectrum. Please call us with any questions.
Hours of operation
8:30 AM — 3:00 PM
Monday — Friday
We provide children with autism a hands- on experience through gardening, animal care and sustainability related activities. We are currently tending to chickens, rabbits, cats, maremma sheepdogs, and horses, along with a variety of vegetable gardens. We plan to add alpacas and donkeys in the near future. Weekly themes and activities are structured around various nature, nutrition, environmental themes with an emphasis on growing our own food and total animal care. We collect eggs daily and learn how to take care of our crops and farm animals every day. We also enjoy exploring the farm and many other activities around the farm.
1:3 staff to camper ratio
Background check performed on all staff & volunteers