Camp Bluebird, a division of 3 Bluebirds Farm, is a track-out and summer camp program for children with autism, grades K-8. We have a dedicated, creative and professional staff working in a safe
and stimulating environment for children.
Starting in the Summer of 2020, we will move our current camp programs to our new farm in south Raleigh, where we will continue focusing on three primary objectives in a farm-based environment:
Social skills, play skills, and life skills.
We truly aim to keep our tuition as low as possible, and we now have a waitlist consisting of many families who are in great need of our full sessions, therefore partial sessions are not an option at this time. To give you an idea of the value of our services, currently each session is valued at roughly $80.00 a day (or $12.30 an hour), and in return your child will receive loving care in a peaceful and safe setting that will never go below a 1:3 trained staff to child ratio, with several additional volunteers and interns. Furthermore, all of us understand autism across the entire spectrum. Please call us with any questions.
2020 Camp Bluebird Sessions
Track-Out Camp Sessions:
January 2-24 ($1,190) - Hyannis Dr. Location
April 1-22 ($1,280) - Hyannis Dr. Location
July 8-31 ($1,440) - New Location!
October 5-23 ($1,200) - New Location!
Summer Camp Sessions:
Session 1: June 15-26 ($800)
Session 2: August 3-21 ($1,200)
Summer Session Applications are available now -- please e-mail or call for the online application link.
Camp Bluebird follows the Track 4 Year-Round Calendar
and the Traditional Calendar for the
Wake County Public School System.
Hours of operation
8:30 AM — 3:00 PM
Monday — Friday
NEW this Spring: After Camp Care!
Stay tuned for more info!
General Application Process
• Call 919-629-7500 for an application.
• Schedule a parent/child visit to Camp Bluebird if you are new to our program. Staff will contact you to schedule a time.
• After your visit, we will e-mail you with an admissions decision.
• For traditional calendar families: Once accepted, submit 50% deposit of your total chosen summer sessions, plus a $150 non-refundable intent deposit to reserve your child's spot(s). For track-out families, an enrollment contract will be sent to you, along with your invoice for the first session.
• Upon acceptance into our program, staff will send you a Parent Handbook once the above steps have been completed.
• All returning track-out families must return a re-enrollment contract by 6:00pm, November 22, 2019.
• All returning summer traditional calendar families must fill out a new application each year. Traditional calendar summer spots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Starting in the Spring of 2020, we plan on moving our camp to the farm and expanding our services into a farm-based camp. We will provide children with autism with hands on experience through gardening, animal care and sustainability related activities. We will raise a small number of animals (goats, chickens, horses, alpacas, donkeys, and rabbits) and grow a variety of crops. Weekly themes and activities will be structured around various nature, nutrition, environmental themes with an emphasis on growing our own food and total animal care. We will collect eggs daily and work with our farm manager, learning how to take care of our crops and farm animals every day. We will also enjoy exploring the farm and many other activities around the farm.
1:3 staff to camper ratio
Background check performed on all staff & volunteers